COVID-19 PROTOCOL: SAFETY AND GUIDELINES
The Green Chile Cheeseburger Smackdown is continuing with plans to launch the 8th event on September 11, 2021. Based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the current State of New Mexico Public Health Order pertaining to COVID Safe Practices, the Green Chile Cheeseburger Smackdown will require masks for all guests in all indoor areas and recommend masks in crowded outdoor settings, like when waiting in lines for burger samples or at registration.
Our main focus is holding a safe event for our chefs/restaurants, volunteers, and guests. Some of the changes from past events we have implemented include:
- Moving from The Bridge (37 Fire Place) to newly constructing Headquarters (HQ, 35 Fire Place), a larger venue that allows more space for both our attendees and in between the eight competing restaurant’s booths.
- Providing cashless options to purchase tickets in advance of the event (no on-site ticket sales to limit touch points).
- Increasing the number of hand sanitizers for guests and hand washing stations for chefs/restaurants.
- All restrooms will have hand sanitizer available inside Santa Fe Brewing Headquarters.
- Not offering live music because of the close proximity of guests near the stage.
- Timed entry to stagger the arrival of attendees and limit the number of people on-site at any given time.
- Increased guest seating areas.
These procedures will be updated as they change.
Current COVID Safe Practices for the Green Chile Cheeseburger Smackdown
- Masks are required in all indoor areas.
- Masks are encouraged in crowded outdoor settings.
Masks / Face Covering Requirements per the CDC
All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
- Costume masks are not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn.
- Face coverings may have an integrated transparent plastic panel to aid in viewing the wearer’s mouth. These face coverings should:
- Be a fabric face-covering featuring a solid plastic panel containing no openings that is attached to the fabric on all sides using tight knit stitching
- Meet all face-covering requirements listed above
Any interaction with the general public poses an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable to severe illness from COVID-19. By attending the Green Chile Cheeseburger Smackdown you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.