Sorry applications are now closed for the Secret Judging Panel. Please consider entering next year.
Are you interested in judging the 2019 Green Chile Cheeseburger Smackdown?
We are currently accepting applications to be considered for a secret panel of judges that will determine the seven finalists that will move on to the Smackdown on September 7, 2019.
You asked for it! Now is your opportunity to be a Smackdown Judge and determine the seven finalists moving on to the final round of the Green Chile Cheeseburger Smackdown.
- You will travel to all 16 contender restaurants from across the state and score all 16 burgers between July 1 and August 2.
- You must remain anonymous. You cannot revel you are a judge to the restaurants or publicly on social media.
- You will not be biased towards any chef/restaurant you may know and will not use favoritism to determine finalists.
What you get:
- Two VIP tickets to the Smackdown on Saturday, September 7 at The Bridge at Santa Fe Brewing Co
- An official Smackdown T-shirt
- $160 stipend to help cover the cost of your burgers
- And of course bragging rights. After judging is completed, you can spread the news far and wide.
- Steel Bender Brewing, Albuquerque
- The Acre Restaurant, Albuquerque
- MAS Tapas y Vino, Albuquerque
- La Casa Sena, Santa Fe
- The Skillet, Las Vegas
- Kin and Bar and Castaneda, Las Vegas
- Pajarito Grill, Los Alamos
- Turtle Mountain Brewing Company, Rio Rancho
- Violet Crown, Santa Fe
- Market Steer Steakhouse, Santa Fe
- Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, Santa Fe
- La Fonda, Santa Fe
- Luminaria Restaurant, Santa Fe
- Boxcar Santa Fe
- Rio Chama, Santa Fe