Are you interested in judging the 2018 Green Chile Cheeseburger Smackdown?
A secret panel of judges that will determine the seven finalists that will move on to the Smackdown on September 8, 2018.
Submissions are now closed and selected judges have been notified. Thank you for all your amazing submissions! We were blown away by your responses and left with the hard job of selecting only six.
- Anasasi Restaurant, Santa Fe
- Slow Roasted Bocadillos, Albuquerque
- Chef Toddzilla’s Gourmet Burgers, Roswell
- Desert Dogs Brewery, Santa Fe
- Blue Corn Brewery, Santa Fe
- El Farol, Santa Fe
- Kelly’s Brew Pub, Albuquerque
- MAS at Hotel Andaluz, Albuquerque
- Second Street Brewery, Santa Fe
- Street Food Institute, Albuquerque/Santa Fe
- Terra Restaurant at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado, Santa Fe
- The Acre, Albuquerque
- The Blake/192, Taos
- The Palace Restaurant, Santa Fe
- Toltec Brewing, Albuquerque
We’ve been pumping out burgers and brews at the Green Chile Cheeseburger Smackdown since 2013––New Mexico’s competitive chefs have seared over 32,000 burgers for over 4,000 guests in hopes of taking home only ten trophies awarded in the past five years.
Thanks to you, and your iron stomachs, for making us one of your favorite annual foodie events!
Your votes will determine the People’s Choice Winner. A panel of foodie celebrities will judge the Reigning Chomp Winner. Sorry for the meat sweats, but we know you’ll want to try every burger before casting your votes.
The event begins at 1pm if you opt in for Early Bird tickets, or 2pm for general admission. Tickets go on sale July 1, 2018.
Sponsors and Supporters
Past Smackdown Winners
Congrats to the 2017 winners:
Judge’s Award – Rocky Durham of Blue Heron at Sunrise Springs Spa
People’s Choice Award – David Sellers of Street Food Institute